Popular Posts

Sunday 6 November 2016

My fave baking cookbooks



 Hummingbird Bakery



I am a huge fan of all the hummingbird bakery books they just seem to know how to make good bakes. If you haven't heard of the Hummingbird bakery they have bakeries in London but they also have a few recipe books. I have three of the books; home sweet home, cake days and the first book which is just called hummingbird bakery. The book I'd recommend the most is the first book as it has staple recipes which if you like to bake you need to try.

I have noticed through baking different recipes that the hummingbird recipes are often different from your usual methods. I have made most of the recipes and some many times.

I would recommend pretty much all the recipes so it is kinda hard to pick favourites however the cupcakes in general are really good, chocolate cake; this cake is amazing, I have made it many times some for an occasion and other just because and it tastes so great. The cake always turns out super moist and is like the perfect chocolate cake. However be warned it uses a big mix and with regards to the chocolate frosting depending on how thick you want it you may want to half the mixture as it makes a lot but that is something that you may just find out after making it a couple of times and you can always just use the leftover frosting for some cakes or eat it if you are a fan of that.

Another recommendation is the carrot cake, my dad loves carrot cake so I went through a stage of making this a lot for him and he loved it!

There is also the brownie which is one of the best brownie recipes and has that gooeyness to it which you have to trust yourself to take it out the oven because it is supposed to be not totally cooked and will cook slightly when its been taken out of the oven.

In regards to the other books they are great too and use similar methods and there are some fun cupcake and cake ideas with different flavours and different ideas for occasions.








Tanya Bakes



I got Tanya Bakes not just from Amazon or in Whsmiths but when I met Tanya at a book signing in Birmingham! I'm sure you all know who Tanya is and if you don't 1) whatttt? 2) google her , I am a fan of Tanya's and am not slating her at all otherwise she wouldn't be in this post however the only thing I don't get about the book is that there are recipes in the book which are not Tanya's , for example it will say 'Mary Berry's cookies' which just kinda defeats the object but ahh well as long as the recipes are good!

Sooooo, as I have said I love this book!

The reason this is a great recipe book is because every recipe looks like something you would want to make. There are some classic bakes and also new recipes yet they are still 'makeable' (like there are no crazy ingredients in there and you don't need a couple of days to make it&....). If you aren't a fan of Tanya you may not have seen this book but if you like baking then be sure to check it out as you don't have to be a fan to buy the book.

I haven't had the book too long so I haven't tried out loads of the recipes but of the ones I have here are my recommendations; salted nutella cookies, brownies (which are slightly healthy) and rainbow cake which is a mammoth cake and would be great for an occasion.




So, those are my favourite cookbooks, be sure to comment your favourite books for baking and any recipe recommendations. Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHIC TEMPLATES DESIGN